with a World View
‘Film-Forward’ Reviews WHEN GOD SLEEPS
Film-Forward has released an insightful piece on WHEN GOD SLEEPS. In it, writer Phil Guie touches upon Shahin Najafi’s complex role as both a rebellious musician and a cultural/religious “bridge-builder”. Head over…Read More
“Music without borders” at 57th Krakow Film Festival
Check out “Music without borders” at FilmNewEurope for a closer look into the DocFilmMusic Competition at this year’s Krakow Film Festival. Partner Pictures’ WHEN GOD SLEEPS is amongst the music…Read More
Partner Pictures LLC has made narrative and documentary feature films since 2008. Our films strive to have an impact. They have premiered and been awarded at major film festivals around the world including Tribeca, Berlin, Tokyo, and are funded through grants, partnerships and co-productions with organizations like the Sundance Documentary Institute, Fork Films, The Catapult Film Fund, The Jerome Foundation, NYSCA, Film und Medienstiftung NRW, FFA/German Federal Film Board, ITVS, ARD, ZDF, and many others. Our corporate projects are crafted to achieve the goals of our clients through personalized storytelling.
Schauder got his start in Germany where he wrote and directed the award winning feature films STRONG SHIT and CITY BOMBER. His U.S. debut, SANTA SMOKES won several international awards, among them Best Director at the Tokyo International Film Festival and the Studio Hamburg Newcomer Award. In 2012, Schauder completed his first documentary, the critically acclaimed THE IRAN JOB, which was released theatrically in several countries, shortlisted for a German Oscar, and is now available on Netflix. In 2014 he was awarded the prestigious Gerd-Ruge-Stipendium by Medienstiftung NRW, Germany’s largest federal film fund. Schauder received his MA at the University of Television and Film, Munich. He teaches film classes at NYU and Vermont College of Fine Arts where he is a founding faculty of the Film Masters Program.
Nodjoumi is an independent film producer and film festival programmer. She most recently produced the feature documentary THE IRAN JOB, which was released theatrically and on Netflix worldwide. In Germany, the film was shortlisted for a German Academy Award. For THE IRAN JOB Nodjoumi managed two of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time. She co-produced and co-directed I CALL MYSELF PERSIAN: IRANIANS IN AMERICA, which aired on PBS and premiered at the MoMA Documentary Fortnight. Nodjoumi joined director Till Schauder, as an Associate Producer on his feature films SANTA SMOKES and DUKE’S HOUSE. Their collaboration continues with the feature documentary THE REGGAE BOYZ, which is currently in post-production, and WHEN GOD SLEEPS, co-produced by ITVS and supported by numerous foundations including the Sundance Institute, Catapult Film Fund, Fork Film, the Jerome Foundation, and NYSCA. From 2004-2009, Nodjoumi worked at the Tribeca Film Festival as an Associate Programmer and is currently the Artistic Director of the New York Sephardic Film Festival. In 2016, she was invited to attend the Sundance Creative Producer’s Summit.
What’s happening—from Tribeca to Cannes
Film-Forward has released an insightful piece on WHEN GOD SLEEPS. In it, writer Phil Guie touches upon Shahin Najafi’s complex role as both a rebellious musician and a cultural/religious “bridge-builder”. Head over…
Check out “Music without borders” at FilmNewEurope for a closer look into the DocFilmMusic Competition at this year’s Krakow Film Festival. Partner Pictures’ WHEN GOD SLEEPS is amongst the music…
WHEN GOD SLEEPS will have its European premiere at the 57th Krakow Film Festival, as part of the festival’s DocFilmMusic International Competition. The film will screen alongside this year’s other prominent…
We’re thrilled to announce that Till Schauder’s newest documentary, GLAUBENSKRIEGER (WARRIORS OF FAITH) will have its world premiere this week at DOK.fest München! Click the link for more info about tickets…
Funding & Honors
The people that make our films possible
- 2017 Rolling Stone, Hollywood Reporter, and Huffington Post shortlist When God Sleeps for Tribeca Film Festival
- 2017 “Tribeca Film Festival Official Selection” – When God Sleeps
- 2016 “Most Valuable Documentary of the Year Award” from Cinema for Peace.
- 2014 Catapult Film Fund Development Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 German Federal Film Fund Screenplay Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 German Federal Film Fund Development Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 Gerd Ruge Fellowship, North Rhine Westphalia Film Fund – When God Sleeps
- 2014 Shortlisted for German Academy Award, best documentary – The Iran Job
- 2013 Winner Guirlande D’Honneur, best documentary Milano International Sports film festival FICTS (Fédération Internationale Cinéma Télévision Sportifs) – The Iran Job
- 2013 Finalist at DOC LEIPZIG Pitch – The Reggae Boyz
- 2012 completed one of the most successful Kickstarter film-campaigns of all time – The Iran Job ($100,000), followed by a second campaign for $66,000, making The Iran Job one of the must successful crowd-funded documentary projects of all time.
- 2010 Daphne Foundation Grant – The Iran Job ($20,000)
- 2010 PARSA Community Foundation Grant – The Iran Job ($50,000)
- 2010 Kodak Grant – The Iran Job ($5,000)
- 2010 Richard Massey Foundation for Arts and Sciences Grant – The Iran Job ($10,000)
- 2010 Finalist Cannes MipDoc Co-production Challenge – The Iran Job
- 2010 Finalist IDFA FORUM Round Table Pitch – The Iran Job
- 2009 Winner Paley Center for Media Pitch Competition – The Iran Job ($5,000)
- 2009 New York State Council on the Arts Grant – The Iran Job ($15,000)
- 2003 Best Director Award, Tokyo International Film Festival – Santa Smokes ($5,000)
- 2003 Audience Award Berlin Beta Film Festival – Santa Smokes
- 2002 Studio Hamburg Newcomer Award granted by the Independent Panel of German Television and Film Producers (NDR, ARD, RTL, SAT 1) – Santa Smokes ($7,500)
- 1998 DAAD Scholarship for the Arts (German Foreign Ministry) ($25,000)
- 1997 International Max Ophüls Film Festival Reader’s Award – Strong Shit ($2,000)
- 1997 Nominated for best editing & cinematography on a debut feature, Jury of
Independent German Film and Television Producers – Strong Shit
- 1996 Audience Award, International Short Film Festival Brussels – City Bomber
- 1996 Special Jury Award, Kelibia International Film Festival/Tunisia – City Bomber
- 1996 Munich Academy Screenplay Award – Strong Shit ($10,000)
Based in Brooklyn, NY – Film Worldwide
Contact us about films sales, collaboration ideas, and/or general questions.